Saturday 14 May 2016

Happy 7th Birthday Polka Doodles


As this anniversary is normally called the "7 year itch", the Polka Doodles team have embraced the prickly feeling by scratching that itch and mixing/scratching up some new images ... get the pun? Corny we know but the team have had great fun. So to embrace the “itchy scratch” the 
Polka Doodles team have thrown caution to the wind and “scratched up” a different kind of birthday celebration.

The birthday celebrations will be running for 2 weeks and each day someone from the Polka Doodles
 team will be sharing their “mixed/scratched up” image. It’s been all hush hush and secret squirrel too as no one knows who has been busy creating what and when they will be revealing their image... so the Polka Doodles team get to join in the fun too. To add an extra layer of itchy fun, everyone has also been colouring up the new “scratched/mixed up” images, (still not knowing who designed them) and they will be sharing via their blogs and on Facebook.


We really have scratched things up ... new merged images, no one knows who created what and no one knows when they’ll be sharing them ...!


Please do take the opportunity to visit the 
Polka Doodles team and see their new digi images because you will find a discount code (or two) along your way that you can use in the Polka Doodles shop.

I have secretly been sent an image which is a merge of Serenity Princess and a fence and I have no idea whose design it is, but I am so happy that I got to play with a beautiful fairy.

                     +  

I stared by inking up a cloudy sky background with my ink dusters and a stencil made of several clouds merged together and cut out on my Cameo.


My plan was to just fussy cut the image and layer it on top, but I got a little carried away................


and covered up most of the background with a toadstool house and made a little Garden scene.

My image is coloured with Copics, with some sparkle pen on the wings (as usual impossible to photograph, but trust me it sparkles!)



All the elements of the toadstool were cut on my Cameo as was the little sign and grass.

I used a tattered lace die for the ivy.

I hope whoever designed my scratched up image likes my design and I can't wait to see what all my Teamies have created.

You can find all Things Polkadoodles at the following links and watch out for fun events and discount codes over the next fortnight as part of our celebration.


Challenges Entered:-

Crafty Calendar - Things with Wings
Crafty Friends  In the Garden
Chocolate Coffee Cards - Just us Girls
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Julie Spiri - Unusual Hair
Sassy Studio Designs - Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous make with the very cute scratched up image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges.
    I hope you can join us again.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaw-dropping colouring, Julie! I love that toadstool die-cut…so perfect for that fab ‘scratched up’ image! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing little scene you've created here Julie! And the "unusual hair" is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Julia Spiri and come back soon!
    Carolyn, Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation Julie! Love the scene you created! Thanks for sharing with us st Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab colouring on your fairy ..and such a pretty card..thanks for joining our in the garden challenge at Crafty Friends, good luck, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love your colouring.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)