Sunday 22 May 2016

Encaustic Art

On a Summer trip to the Isle of Wight last year we visited Arreton Barns craft Village, where I found Rainbow Kingdom and the lovely Lynette, who kindly gave me a 5 minute lesson in Encaustic Art.

I have wanted to try this for the longest time after buying a picture by Chris Carrick over 20 years ago, this picture still hangs in my craft room.

 This is her Picture, which I have added my watermark to for protection.


Anyway, Hubby kindly got me the whole kit and I have been having a little play.












Still loads to learn, but so much fun, I have added a Lavinia Stamps image to this one which I actually stamped on before doing the wax.


If you look at this one closely it looks a bit like a Dolphin jumping from the waves - to me anyway - LOL


Even my 6 year old Son had a go, with fab results.



Thanks for stopping By.

Challenges Entered:-

Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes
We love 2 Create - Anything Mixed Media (I hope this counts)
Inspirational - Colour Challenge
Kitty Bee - Fairytale/Fantasy



2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I'm going to have to do some research on this technique. I think I might want to try this. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Eclectic Ellapu; good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your results with this technique are stunning! The vibrant colours, the swirls and whirls...and yes, I do see the dolphin frolicking in the waves! Thank you for sharing this beauty in the Inkspirational Challenge gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)