Monday 12 August 2013

50 Shades....

I decided to try a couple of new things this weekend.
Firstly I coloured my image using only shades of Grey, I used an image by Saturated Canary which very appropriately is called 'Grey Tie'

I also tried to do the no line technique, although I don't think I faded the lines enough in word, even so, I still found it one of the most challenging projects I have done so far and it also the longest time I have spent colouring an image.

I hope you like the results.



I used Promarkers Cool Grey 1 - 5  & Black, also Ice Grey 4 & 5 for the Tie/Panties - I couldn't resist adding a little China Blue for her eyes :)

I layered the image on some glittery silver card - both cut with Spellbinders Grand Scallop Ovals and added some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts a tiny heart hat pin and some flat backed pearls around the edge of the scalloped die.

Challenges I would like to enter are:-

Dream Valley Challenges - Monochrome
That Craft Place - Monochrome
Saturated Canary - Set your Creativity Free
Totally Gorguss - Hot Hot Hot
The Cupboard Trilogy - Monochrome
Milk Coffee Challenge - Colouring Skills
7 Kids Challenge - Anything Goes - Twist use markers
Creative Creations - Monocromatic


13 comments:

  1. such a pretty card, thanks for sharing and good luck from Creative Creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Anything Goes' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring, she looks awesome! That is hard for me so I appreciate how perfect she looks, love it! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. ! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at 7Kids CollegeFund.com. Hugs, Rhea PassionatePaperCreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh thats fab Julie. I love the no lines, it looks awesome.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and sweet bunch of flowers. Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good luck and hope to see you again soon Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a beautiful card love the image
    thank you for sharing with us at Dream valley
    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's fabulous.

    Thank you for sharing at Dream Valley.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifull doll and card is awesome...
    Thanks for sharing please keep sharing more :-)
    Christian Grey

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card, thanks for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog

    Stella xx

    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)